+ You must be active; please do not apply if you do not think you will be able to post as your HR at least once a month!
+ You must not have broken any rules in the past three months
+ You must be willing to be leader should your current leader die
+ You must understand that if you ever become inactive, you will be removed from the role. Before this happens, you will be contacted at least once to prompt you to become active again
+ Your character must have trained an apprentice
Please make sure you have read all the information on the Information board before applying.
All members may apply as long as they meet the requirements. This includes brand new members. As long as you meet the requirements and are seen posting active IC content, you have a chance at gaining the role.
You may apply with more than one warrior. Please use separate forms for each character.
Applications will close on Sunday, the 20th of October
Deputy will be chosen by the leader of the clan - in this case, noctemq
If you have any questions, feel free to ask below, in the help board.
(Tip: a more detailed form and being seen to be active on the character you are applying for will increase your chances of success! Look at past applications for a good idea! )
Good luck everyone!
[b]Character Name:[/b] [b]Link to Character Profile:[/b] [b]Strengths:[/b] (Three minimum) [b]Weaknesses:[/b] (Three minimum) [b]Why?:[/b] (Why should your cat be deputy? What do they have to offer the clan? Is anything in their history relevant? Etc.) [b]Other:[/b] (Anything else relevant)
- Attentive: He has an eye for when things are wrong, or what may cause things to go wrong. He would keep a close eye on the clan and territory for any sign of unease, sickness, or treachery, and in particular may tend to ask very directly about sometimes personal issues in the interest of ensuring they do not become a problem that threatens the entire clan. To some he may come across as nosy or pushy, but he will always have the well-being of the clan in mind.
- Undying Loyalty: Brittlebark would never go against the overall will of the clan without a very, very good reason. His own father was the Firstspeaker of the tribe, the last to ever lead it in that style, and he has immense respect for the position of leader. However, his respect for the seat means he is also critical of whoever takes up the mantle next- his loyalty will be as much to ensuring the leader is good for the clan as it will be to ensure that the leader is respected. His aim will always be to help his clan first- and sometimes, that means turning away those seeking help from another clan if they may be a danger.
- Spiritual: Brittlebark has always been keen on the world around him as a conduit for the ancestors. He believes he can feel their gaze and guidance through the natural hum of the earth below, the annual revival of the green leaves of trees, and even the lifeblood of the prey that pulls the tribe and every clan through the harshest of Leaf-Bare moons. His belief in the ancestors(Whether this takes the form of the hallowed Tribe of Endless Hunting or the shimmering cats of StarClan) is absolute; his faith is unshakable, and he both fears and appreciates the few times the ancestors bridge the gap between life and death to speak with the living. In these troubled times, it may be welcome to have someone around who trusts in the wisdom of the ancestors, and can assure others that they know what they're doing- or that, perhaps, this is a matter only the living can solve, and to find strength in the fact that the dead now trust them to handle it.
- Communication Issues: Brittlebark is not the best at communicating; once his personal feelings have entered the picture and he's no longer just talking fact versus lie, he becomes incredibly uncomfortable. His dependence upon others- chiefly his disappeared sister Rose, whom he had an empathetic connection to- becomes rapidly apparent in times of emotional stress. He would rather work himself to the bone over petty tasks, relishing in wars and times of hardship because they give him so much work to do, than ever confront the emotional toll that the world has taken or the fact that he's never really learned to properly deal with his feelings.
- Xenophobic: Back in the tribe's lands, it was acceptable to shun those from outside, especially since they so rarely met, and when they finally did it broke out into war. However, he's kept this prejudice to heart, fostered by his own father's beliefs and those of many of his fellow tribe cats. Because of this, he may not be the most friendly cat, and would not be out of the question for him to violate the special allowances given to medicine cats(Such as attempting to bar other clans' healers from crossing into the RootClan territory to get to the Moonstone or find an herb that has disappeared in their own land that season). He has difficulty recognizing that sometimes the clans need to work together. He's only recently started to relax on his views, but will always offer opposition to ideas of collusion and working together, and scrutinizes the other clans harshly. After MothClan's current plot, he may hold an unfair view of them for many moons to come- possibly until Eveningstar is no longer leader.
- Doom & Gloom: He has an overall pessimistic attitude. He has a tendency for depressive, failure-oriented lines of thought about whatever his work may be; as deputy, he would take every death in the clan, every injury to an animal or natural pitfall, as something he could have personally prevented somehow- or else, as yet another sign that life is a series of harsh trials to prove your worth to the stars. He could... probably use someone a little happier in his life sometime. He is becoming a little less dark recently, and more simply cynically deadpan, but it's something he can definitely... work on, a little.
· Why?: Brittlebark is first and foremost a child of RootClan, of the Tribe of Ancient Roots- no matter what name it takes or where it is forced to go, it will always be his home. His father was the last Firstspeaker of the tribe. After surviving such drastic change to their very way of life, Brittlebark wants more than anything to give back to the clan in honor of Ash of Last Sun and Screechstar, and to live up to that legacy somehow. He has overcome his anxieties about this bold new world he's been thrust into, and believes he is ready to take on greater burdens for the sake of RootClan's wellbeing and future.
- Direct relative(son) of the last ever Firstspeaker of the Tribe
- Has StarClan's Connection, which could help with future plots and drama?
- Though I do not currently have any HR, I have been leader before
Optimistic: It's almost impossible to break the she-cat's sunny outlook on life. After all, that's what her warrior name was given to her for. She tries her hardest to spread this positive outlook among her clan mates, instilling them with words of hope in their darker times. She takes any negativity thrown at her with a grain of salt, and easily takes criticisms towards her, constantly looking to improve. This does mean that on the rare occasion she won't get sad, but she will try to lift herself out of any negative mood she is feeling, not staying stagnant for long. She wants nothing but the betterment of her Clan as well as all the cats that reside within.
Selfless: Waking up before the robins or staying up as late as the owls, Ashlight doesn't sleep until the work for the day is done. Any extra chores around the camp she is always up to volunteer for, even some of the less-desirable apprentice duties. Nothing is below Ashlight's position. She always likes to make sure that the fresh kill pile has something on it, making sure to feed others before herself. She's the cat that's out in the middle of Leafbare, trying to find the plumpest rabbit for the pickier of queens. She always puts others emotions before her own, wanting to be the shoulder to cry on or the ear to vent to. Luckily for her, it takes a lot to wear the she-cat down, but on occasion she will sometimes bite off more than she can chew.
Analytical: Though her excitable disposition can be off-putting to some cats, she is actually quite the observer. When faced with a problem, she wants to instantly solve it. She runs every possible outcome of the situation in her head before making an choice, picking out what she believes would be the best call to action, or no action if that's what she believes to be required. She's great at determining others emotions or motives by facial expressions or simple body movements. As well, this skill makes her an excellent hunter. She can discern where prey will scurry to next after she initially startles it, planning to pounce at just the right moment and space.
Brains Before Brawn: Though Ashlight is quite the thinker, this doesn't leave much room for her in the fighting department. She'd rather raise her tongue before her claws, wanting to talk her way out of risky situations. She's mediocre in combat, something she can definitely work on, but she just doesn't enjoy the idea of violence. That being said, if she was pinned between a rock and a hard place or in need of defending another cat, she wouldn't hesitate. She's more of a peacemaker, however.
Over-worker: In her determination to help her Clan, she often over commits herself. She can do a lot before tiring out, but if she stretches herself too thin, which happens frequently, she wears herself down. She has a hard time saying no to anything, which makes it easy for her tasks to pile up. She would never admit to being flustered or overwhelmed, however, always keeping a level head a smile on her face. Rain or shine, she'd work herself to the bone if it meant helping her clan mates in need. Ashlight feels guilty if she turns down a cat in need, so if it's within her ability, she will always try her best.
Stubborn: Once she sets her mind to something, she sees it through to the end. This can be in any circumstance. If she views something as the right thing to do, even if it's not necessarily, she'll finish it to completion. When volunteering her help, she usually won't take no for an answer. She is very set on keeping her mind on only the bright and sunshiny things, often overlooking or ignoring any issues or complications in her life. She refuses to confront any demons she may have deep down, and doesn't want to see things through a different lens. Even if she is told to not do something she wants to do, if she sees it as right enough, she may just go ahead and do it anyway.
Why? Overall, Ashlight is a dedicated, caring, and hard-working member of RootClan. She feels the need to prove herself every day to the Clan since she was not Tribe-born and moved over from MothClan. She wants nothing but the best for the Clan and hopes to see it grow to it's full potential one day. She is humble, however, and wouldn't necessarily outright ask for the role of deputy, if anything she would probably be surprised. Her eagerness and optimism help keep her going and also uplift her fellow Clanmates, often inspiring them or just simple brightening their day. She's still pretty young, and if Blackstar sticks around for awhile she'll be at a nice and tempered age for leader, probably calming down a little from her overly excitable tendencies and becoming a bit more of a realist. Her deep thinking and planning would be crucial for anything from border patrols to straight out war. However, she will always strive to keep the peace, wanting to come to a verbal treaty with other Clans before baring her teeth. As deputy and eventually leader, she would want to interact with as many cats as possible, getting their input and ideas for everyday things going on throughout the Clan or if things needed change. She is very open to criticism, and this would stick with her if she got a higher position of power, taking the feedback more to heart, especially if it came from Blackstar. Though she can be stubborn in her morals, she is very down to earth and open to change if she sees it as reasonable, a trait that I think will help mellow her out as she ages. I also feel that the contrast between Blackstar and Ashlight would be very interesting; him being more serious and her being very light-hearted and energetic, they may balance each other out in a way. She can teach him to learn to lighten up a little, and he can teach her that not everything has to be sunshine and rainbows all the time, and it's okay to take a step back and see the flaws in the world. They both have the same kind of work ethic, and are very loyal to their Clan, always wanting to do right by them. Ashlight also wants to prove herself as a true RootClan warrior, even though she was not born into the tribe, so this would feel like to perfect opportunity to her.
Other: I don't really have anything else to add besides like Lup, I don't have an HR but have had a leader/deputy before. Also thank you for reading through all this word vomit, ily <3
Carried Home is a Warriors roleplay forum. We feature four clans - all four of which have futures that heavily depend on what your characters do - as well as a 50 word count minimum on RP posts, and a functioning currency and shop.
While most of the action does center around our four clans, members are also permitted to make loners, rogues, and kittypets. You can also make both StarClan and Dark Forest characters.